For the 1 Year Game Competition, I’m concentrating on the combat system of the game.
Here is my entry:
The Sooey-side Mission
- Establish Clear Goals
- Right now is still pre-production stage. This game so far did not go through trial by game jam, so I am at a disadvantage here. I still need to establish the rules of the game, but for the sake of getting this see the light of day, I laid down a foundation now. More on this in the next post.
- Establish Proper Routine
- Sprints will have to be 1 week long. I only have weekends to work on the game.
- Updates about the actual game is the highest priority but I will put updates on the art when there is time.
- There needs to be detoxification time: hitting up the Unity IRC channel, helping beginners in their source code problems, finishing the backlog of PS3 games, doing art, sleeping, etc. The project will fail without this.
- Find Valuable Feedback
- I need to find where my target audience hangs out, and seek their help. However, the game is not in a usable state yet.
- I also need to stop listening to useless suggestions. I need to have the wisdom to tell good suggestions from bad. In fact, I’d say everyone needs this skill.
The Pain Points
- Crazy Idea. Oh shit nigga, what the hell are you doing.
- Melee is the main problem. More on this on later posts.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI). I don’t know jack shit about this.
- GUI. Unity‘s Achilles heel. When will we finally see it, Unity? UPDATE: Pretty soon!
- Art. Imma git git git, git you drunk
- No funds for this right now, but Kinect cameras can work as cheap motion capture systems.
- Wrist rotation and elbow/knee direction, have you been fixed yet? This is my problem and Blender‘s.
Not sure yet, but hopefully yes.Yes!