So I asked how long I have for the presentation and I got this response:
As you all know, we’ll be having the meetup this June 30, 2PM at the Exist Techbar (there’s a facebook event in the IGDA Manila group).
The plan is to do a series of 4-minute presentations and impress everyone with your game projects. Here’s what you need to know:
- You’ll be with your peers. The crowd is mostly game developers themselves so they understand what it takes to make video games.
- 4-minutes. Then a gong.
- Show us the game. I’ll preinstall the prototypes you sent me on a laptop, but if you made improvements bring a copy and we’ll use that instead. Absolutely no powerpoints!
- Things you might want to cover are: the idea, the point of difference (what makes your game stand out), your team, future plans, what help you need to get it completed
- Practice your talk at least once. The audience appreciates that you took the effort to be polished. And it helps you keep to the time limit.
- Be funny, opinionated or somehow interesting. 🙂
Let me know if you have any questions.
PS. If you can’t make it to the event, just send me a message covering point 4 and the organizers will read that on your behalf. If not then we’ll just show your game and stare at it while deeply contemplating our place in the universe.
One thing stood out to me:
Absolutely no powerpoints!
Which I take it he means Powerpoint Presentations, but actually meant presentations in general. Quite interesting to have mentioned that only 2 days away from the presentation! I guess having presentation materials is moot.
So, I’m rushing the melee attacks for the presentation. I got an idle, run, and now an attack animation:
So what is that red thing he’s holding? As mentioned in the blog, the setting is a fantasy world with guns instead of swords.
That thing he’s holding is a placeholder for what will eventually be a 3d model of a Blunderbuss. As you can see, he’s also using it as a blunt instrument.